Although the paperless office has been promised and promoted for many years, it’s never really happened. That’s because, despite the convenience of having everything electronically in one place and accessible through a screen, we still like the comfort and familiarity of paper. However, if we’re not careful, we can be overwhelmed by paper, which can be counterproductive.
The Need for Stationery Fasteners to Organise your Paper
A desk that’s covered with miscellaneous pieces of paper can be distracting, make information difficult to find and stop you concentrating on the task to hand. Too much disorganised paper suggests unfinished business, causes stress and prevents you moving on to new work. It’s vital, therefore, that you tidy your paper by at least having it organised into topics. That’s where stationery fasteners come in because they help get your paperwork in order.
Getting the Correct Stationery Paper Fasteners
There is a huge range of paper fasteners available, in different sizes and colours, of varying materials, of several types and with differing purposes. You therefore need to look at the paper to sort out and decide how you want to organise it before deciding on the fasteners to buy.
The types include:
- These are one of the most familiar types of fasteners and comprise a thin metal strip that’s bent to form three sides of a rectangle. A stapling machine drives both ends through a number of papers and then compresses them flat to hold the papers firmly.
Staples provide one of the most secure ways of fastening papers but need to be removed and replaced if papers are added or inserted. They also require a stapler to fix them, which may be heavy duty for larger staples and thick bundles of paper.
- Paper Clips are also very common and come in various sizes and colours. They are slipped over bundles of paper to fasten them and are easily removed.
- Split Pins, otherwise known as brads or brass fasteners, have a similar shape to a nail but have two flat tines and are made of brass or another soft metal. The tines are pushed through punched holes in a stack of paper and then bent back to secure them or may be used to create holes if only a few sheets of paper. They are commonly used when rotation is needed, such as for cardboard models.
- Treasury Tags comprise two metal or plastic ends joined by cord that may vary in length to accommodate different amounts of paper. One end is inserted through punched holes in the paper and both ends are held flat, so they don’t detach.
- Push Pins are commonly used on notice boards to hold documents in place. They comprise a metal pin and plastic head that may have varying colours and so can also be used to mark documents such as maps.
Buying Stationery Fasteners Online for every Purpose
At Office Corporate, we have a wide range of stationery fasteners to cover every need. They come in varying types, colours and sizes so you’re certain to find one that exactly meets your requirements. And they’re all competitively priced to meet every budget, whether for school, office or home use.
Our fasteners come in different pack sizes so you don’t have to buy more than you need but equally can go for a large quantity so you’re not constantly having to replenish. But, if stocks are running low, we’re always here to help and can get replacement stocks to you quickly so you never run short.
Office Corporate sells office stationery & supplies on our online store, and we deliver all over Australia. We sell a variety of stationery items, including personal organiser refills & self-adhesive binder label holders. Browse our website further or contact us for more information.